A NUMBER of road closures will be in place on Sunday (September 24) to accommodate the Admiral Swansea Bay 10k.
About 4,500 runners are expected to take part in the main race, which leaves from outside St Helen’s at 1pm and goes to Mumbles and back.
Swansea Council is behind the event. A number of other races will also take place on the day, including 1k, 3k and 5k races for juniors, as well as the traditional 100-metre dash for mascots. All places for each race other than the mascots are now taken, so people won’t be able to sign-up to take part on the day.
The road closures listed below will be in place on the day:
* Noon to 1.30pm – Mumbles Road closed between Guildhall Road South and Sketty Lane.
* Noon to 1.30pm – Brynmill Lane closed between Mumbles Road and Bryn Road, except for access southbound to the Recreation Ground off Brynmill Lane for parking if space permits.
* Noon to 12.45pm – Sketty Lane right turn only onto Mumbles Road.
* 12.45pm to 1.45pm – Sketty Lane closed southbound. Access to Singleton Hospital and the Wales National Pool will be maintained.
* 12.45pm to 1.45pm – Mumbles Road closed in Mumbles direction only between Sketty Lane and Mayals Road. Left turn only (towards the city centre) from Ashleigh Road, Derwen Fawr Road, Mill Lane and Mayals Road.
* 12.45pm to 1.45pm – Mumbles Road closed between Mayals Road and Fairwood Road.
* 12.45 to 2pm – Mumbles Road closed in Mumbles direction only between Fairwood Road and Newton Road. Left turn only towards the city centre from Alderwood Road, Bethany Lane, Palmyra Court, Norton Avenue, Norton Road and Newton Road.
* Re-opening times are approximate because they depend on the speed of the runners.
Diversion routes have been made available where possible, with information being issued to all locations adjacent to the course which may be directly affected by the closures.